Friday, January 15, 2010

New Blog

I know that this is very much fashionably late, so you'll have to bear with me a bit while I get my bearings. I might as well introduce myself though. I'm Katherine; I enjoy rollerblading, making greeting cards and world cultures. I tend to gravitate towards clean design or design with an illustrative style. I also really enjoy items that are designed cleverly/have a bit of wit to them.
For example, Hanger Tea designed by Soon Mo Kang:


hanger_tea3Hanger Tea – Teabags Packaging by Soon Mo Kang

I know this package and product design has been circling around for a bit now but it's still pretty witty. Although there might be some complications in the design of it (such as the fact that the hanger might get soggy and break/slip and the fact that it's tricky to drink for those that like to keep the tea bag in), the idea is charming. Plus, the little box they come in is designed cleanly and practically (much like the bags themselves) and seems like there were not that many materials used (yay for saving the environment in a non overpackaged kinda way). Hopefully in the posts to come I'll highlight more random product designs. I find that I'm starting to have a thing for home goods now. Must be a thing about getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment