Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bare Essentials

I'll admit, I've learned a lot about design this year. I'll also admit that I'm still learning about how to be a designer. A poster created by Grid's Ashwin Patel seems to have the answers though. He's laid out the 'bare essentials for the graphic designer' all on one poster! Each aspect has its own logo and each is connected to other aspects as they relate (somehow 'gun' is related to everything...I think that's relatable enough sometimes...). The logos are arranged on a clear grid which makes them easy to follow. The logos themselves are cleanly designed involving simple forms to get their message across quickly. It's also smart that the title bubble and the 'Grid' logo bubble are the only ones in complete black and white as well frame the rest of the logos being the the top left and the bottom right.
It's also interesting to see what one designer's take is on what makes a designer. Wish I could see the whole poster up close though. I guess I'll have to figure some aspects out for myself.

http://www.gridlondon.com/Grid-poster.html

No comments:

Post a Comment