Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TV Tributes


Albert Exergian has come up with some tribute posters based on some popular TV shows. The blog where I found these posters said that they were "highly influenced by Paul Rand". I'm not so up on my knowing of designers' work, so I decided to look him up in the process (I know I had heard the name before...but it didn't clue in until I saw the IBM logo). Exergian's work reminds me a lot of Paul Rand's but there are subtle differences. From what I saw, Paul Rand's work seems a lot more playful and offbeat than Exergian's work. Regardless, Exergian's posters have a really clean and geometric look to them that really gets the object within them down to its essentials. Most of the posters also include objects that are specific to that show. Honestly, I haven't seen most of these shows but I have seen House. So, I can say that instead of him putting a prescription pad or something medical, he chose to make the object a tennis ball (which House frequently likes to throw around). It's little subtleties like that which help make these posters work well. I won't deny, I'm definitely going to have to catch up some of these TV series over the summer. Except Twin Peaks. David Lynch's work creeps me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment