Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Seeds in Motion

Just saw the craziest little video. It is called 'The Seed' created by Johnny Kelly. Some say that it is an example of 'motion graphic design'. I didn't know there was a difference between motion graphic design and animation. Well, I didn't know there was a thing such as 'motion graphic design' in the first place. Now looking at the video and comparing it to others I've seen, it makes sense. This animation is almost like an animated infographic except it seems to tell more of a story than plain facts.
I can't imagine how long this must have taken to put together. The papercrafting alone must have taken forever to make. I really like the way the paper is able to create solid 2D shapes as well as moving 3D structures. Overall, the video makes for a very charming watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment