Friday, April 23, 2010

Slim Chips

If there's anything I love, it's food. I know I'm not alone in this. I especially find any foods that are really random fascinating; from the grotesque (www.thisiswhyyourefat.com) to the oddly refined (http://www.elbulli.info/gallery.htm). I found these 'Slim Chips' which I think are pretty unusual and slightly ironic for designers. They're chips that are made with edible paper. They come in 3 flavours (peppermint, blueberry and sweet potato) and have no calories.
In combination with the product itself, the package is also really well designed. The use of a completely clear bag with white overprint on them is a modern and uncommon take on the usual chip bag design. The layout of the bag is also effective with a almost a headline at the top and all the information at the bottom leaving the chips to almost speak for themselves. I like the fact that the ingredients are on the front as well and that they take up the whole width of the bottom of the bag. The graphic on the back of the bag also adds to the design in its simplicity and its wit. I'm really interested to try these now..the last time I remember eating paper was when I used to chew the corners off of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment