Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tools of Times Passed

In this world of computers and programs, it is only now that we students are hearing about 'how things were done' and are discovering tools like a typescale (I can't speak for all students; I mainly mean myself). Now, I know there's still a place for typescales in modern design but the programs make dealing with type less reliant on these kinds of tools. There are many tools that I am discovering found on a blog called 'The Museum of Forgotton Art Supplies'. There are items such as a C-Thru pen (which can be loaded with paint which I thought was pretty interesting; I had only used a ruling pen with paint before that and it wasn't the easiest for me to use. It happens to be part of this collection too) and Letraset (which I have had sheets of for years and have found out its significance just recently). Using mostly traditional media and materials before this year, I'm interested in figuring out the traditional methods as much as the digital way of doing things. Maybe it'll be something for me to research over the summer. And maybe I can find out more about 'X-Acto' Man (my new hero).

No comments:

Post a Comment